jueves, 17 de febrero de 2011

My Journal

                                                                                                                           August 4, 1887

  I'm Kamil Bartoli I go to America because the economic situation in Italy is not the best. I'm traveling on a boat for 2 weeks which is divided into three classes, as I have not got much money and the fare is $ 30 I had to buy the third class. I'm sleeping with my luggage because there was not enough space on the deck, wash clothes in salt water and grabbed my skin allergies due to salt. The atmosphere on board is not the best, the food we give is soup or stew
                                                                                                                          
                                                                                                                          August 23, 1887

   I'm finally in the U.S. and It's not what I was expecting. America was not supposed to be the land of opportunity in the "streets were paved with gold?That was my question since I arrived at the port. This first day in U.S. I had to find a warm place to sleep, so cold tonight and here I am writing at a street cornerthis was not a very good day but tomorrow I have to go out to work to succeed
                 
                                                                                                                                        January 6, 1888

     Bad times I have lived these past few months but I survived, now I have a place to live. I found a job selling fruit for several months in a market. I am currently living without electricity and little beat of food to eat,sometimes even without food. The little money I make working for me  is not much but it's better than earning nothing.  They treat me like I'm worthless and I have to put up with it because I have to earn some money to bring my children to Italy for the United States with me.
           
                                                                                                                                     April 5, 1897
    
       I have saved enough money to send my kids to the U.S. and they are with me now. It's more hard to survived with 3 more people in my house but I'm so happy to have them here with me. One of my kids is sick and i don't have money for the medicines, i don't know what to do. I hope does't get worse until I have money for the medicines. 


                                                                                                             



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario